“But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever”. Psalm 52:8

3/22/2011

14 months full of color


Nevertheless I am continually with thee: Thou hast holden my right hand. Thou wilt guide me with thy counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: Thou hast destroyed all them that play the harlot, departing from thee. But it is good for me to draw near unto God: I have made the Lord Jehovah my refuge, That I may tell of all thy works. Psalm 73:23-28


Our precious girl is already one year and two months old. We thank our Father for her precious life and health.

Our little baby girl is not so little and so baby anymore. We see old pictures and realize how she grew and developed. We are so thankful for the privilege of having her as our daughter, for everything we have learnt and how we are happier and more complete today, even having faced so many challenges and having cried so many tears. Actually, how bigger our challenges are, bigger victories we have, and our Vitoria is each time bigger!

She was very angry last days because of her teeth, she spent some nights crying and complaining, and now she has two teeth (and I suspect more teeth are coming soon).
look the way she likes to sleep in her crib
she always like to hide her face, as when she was in my belly

We had some weeks with many appointments. We had to make new boots for her feet, due to her right club-foot. We also got a hearing aid for her (she can hear, but better with left ear). She has some noises she uses to communicate with us and we hope now she will communicate better.

I needed to make her identity card so that I could subscribe her to be evaluated in an excellent Rehabilitation Institute here in Sao Paulo. She left her fingerprints there and once more she´s showing the world she is a young little citizen full of rights like any other child, (despite, unfortunately, not everybody recognize this in our society). Although, we are so thankful that we find wonderful people everywhere we go, that love Vitoria, and give us lot of support in our amazing journey with her.


So we have new challenges in front of us. But after each new stage won, we can see clearly the mighty presence of God guiding and sustaining us. Each new day we have a new reason to smile. Even with a bit of pain - as when a tooth is growing.



These pictures are from some weeks ago, when the weather was very hot, now it is getting a bit cold and we are having some grey and rainy days, very often in Sao Paulo.
The weather may be grey, but our life with Vitoria is full of color, full of joy.





 



4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of you all today so I was very glad to see a new post. 14 months! wow! She is getting so big. I love to see how her hair is growing longer. And how she is doing more and more things. Your daughter is a beautiful blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way she sleeps. How sweet! She is growing so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is more radiant every day!
    Congrats on the new teeth!!!!

    Big hugs from Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is truly an angel. I am glad to hear that she is continuing to grow and develop and that she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Please let your comment here, or if you prefer, contact me through e-mail: joanaschmitz@yahoo.com.br
We thank all comments of encouragement and love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...