“But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever”. Psalm 52:8

7/18/2012

Our beloved Vitoria is now with Christ

Dear friends,


With sadness in our hearts, but also with peace and gratitude to God, yesterday (July 17th) at 9:30 pm we returned our beloved Princess Victoria de Cristo to our Father, who with so much love and mercy let her stay with us beyond the wonderful 9 months of her pregnancy, for the most amazing two and half years of great happiness.

As she came into our lives with so much courage and sweetness, she also left us. Early at 6 am she woke up and was moaning with 40.5 C degrees of fever. We realized that something very serious was happening and after a bath we took her to hospital. She was rescued but quickly went into a highly severe septic shock. She was taken into intensive care and everything was done to save her. But unfortunately she did not respond to medications and we realized she was telling us that the time had come to rest, that her mission was fulfilled and God was calling her. Just as we respected her life for love to her and for trust and obedience to God, also by love, trust and obedience it was time to respect her death. She went quietly while we kissed her, hugged her, and we told her how precious she was, we would always love her and that she could leave in peace with God. And so she peacefully passed away.


Today was her funeral at 9 am and at 2 am her burial, when her beautiful little body returned to earth, because her soul is alive and radiant with Christ.

We are very grateful to many friends and family who came with us to thank God for her so fantastic and honored life that our beloved daughter Vitoria had and to glorify his name for this beautiful story he wrote. History which, humbly, we had the great honor to be part of. We just have to thank for having been able to love and take care of this little princess of heaven that lit up our lives and so many around us, taking us closer to our Creator.

We greatly appreciate the great affection of everybody, for all the prayers for her life and the messages of support. Many, many thanks for having lived this beautiful journey of love and life with us!

21 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. You and Victoria have been such an inspiration. She was such an amazing beautiful little girl. I will be praying for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your sweet baby. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family. Victoria was such an amazing beautiful little girl. thank you for sharing her with us.((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have followed Vitoria's story and was saddened to hear of her passing - My thoughts & prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. Your daughter has left an impressive footprint on many hearts. Some she knew intimately and some knew her through your blog. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey.

    Rachel (Baby Rachels Nana)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that Vitoria is not with you, so thankful to know that God has her in His arms. Thank you for sharing her with us. You are in my prayers.
    love & hope,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - I am SO sad to read this news. I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl Vitoria. I have followed your family's journey since she was 2 months old and I was near to delivering my own daughter Karinne who also had acrania. Vitoria's strength and amazing story gave me such hope and inspiration! I have loved watching her grow and change and her smiles have always made me smile! It has been amazing to see everything she has accomplished and the lives she has touched. Joana - and daddy too - you are in my thoughts and prayers as you grieve the loss of your daughter. I know there are no words to ease the pain of her absence. Wish I could give you a BIG HUG!! With much love and respect - Kara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so sorry ((((Hug)))) shes smiking down so proud of her mommy n daddy..she will always be such a beautiful angel <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts n prayers are with u all..+((Hugs)))+ god bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have written a beautiful tribute to your lovely daughter. Blessings and comfort to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have followed Vitoria's story and was saddened to hear of her passing
    :( she was so speciel ang you dont know me but I fell I know you and her I have seen all fotos and video s and she was so cute and I am werry sad now ... may she rest in peace and I hope you both a happy life I will never forget this littel cute girl :)

    Tania from Danmark

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very saddened to hear about the sweet angel's passing. Sending you many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry for your loss, but so happy for Vitoria who is healed and with Jesus who loved her so much. I feel like crying even though I did not know her, but we felt we knew her through your blog and youtube videos. What a precious child, and equally precious parents! Thank you for sharing her with us. Our prayers will be going out for you in time of sorrow and adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Joana and Marcelo, my heart goes out to you in this time of great sorrow. I will miss the wonderful miracle that the Victory of Christ was. I rejoice that she has gone to be with her heavenly father and I will be able to meet her. Thank you for sharing your pain, your sorrow and most of all, for sharing your daughter with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wrote yesterday but something went wrong .

    I am so so sad to read that your prinsess is gone to heaven :(

    I have folow your blog for at long time and she was so cute and lovely and I am so sorry for you

    best thoughts to you in this sad time Tania from Danmark

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry for your loss. You were (and still are) such wonderful parents for her, and you made her life with you a wonderful journey. You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am so sorry for the loss of your princess. i just discovered your blog today.she is with God now. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, how sad. It is so hard for parents to give back a child and experience that all healthcare suddenly no longer is needed. Collect memories, cherish photos, cry and pray. I hope you experience God's presence in happy and dark days and wants remind you what the Bible says: He shall gather the little ones in His arms. He will gently lead them.

    Big hug, greetings from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm so sad reading that ... All my prayer for you and your family. Victoria had a beautiful life and was loved. She will always be loved ...

    Kiss from France, where I think of you ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful girl. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been reading your blog for over a year but hadn't read in a few months. I'm so sad to come back to this news :( Vitoria was an amazing little girl and your family is amazing as well! I hope you will continue to update occasionally with how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have loved reading your blog and watching videos of your beautiful princess. Vitoria was already an angel here on earth and I am so happy that she had such wonderful parents to cherish her. She was so much more than a miracle --- she was the face of love, kindness, acceptance, and spirituality.

    Thank you for sharing her wonderful story and life with us. I will be forever grateful for the lessons that not just Vitoria, but you have given me.

    Much love from Georgia, USA.
    <3
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete

Please let your comment here, or if you prefer, contact me through e-mail: joanaschmitz@yahoo.com.br
We thank all comments of encouragement and love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...