“But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever”. Psalm 52:8

7/28/2012

The last sunset

 For I am even now being offered, and my end is near. I have made a good fight, I have come to the end of my journey, I have kept the faith: From now on, the crown of righteousness is made ready for me, which the Lord, the upright judge, Will give to me at that day: and not only to me, but to all those who have had love for his revelation. 2 Timothy 4:6-8


The righteous perish,  and no one takes it to heart;  the devout are taken away,  and no one understands  that the righteous are taken away  to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly  enter into peace;  they find rest as they lie in death. Isaiah 57:1-2


The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths  for his name's sake.
Even though I walkthrough the darkest valley,  I will fear no evil,  for you are with me;  your rod and your staff,  they comfort me. You prepare a table before me  in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me  all the days of my life,  and I will dwell in the house of the LORD  forever. Psalms 23


F or everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4


  
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed — in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:50-52

For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." "Where, O death, is your victory?  Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:53-57



For this cause, my dear brothers, be strong in purpose and unmoved, ever giving yourselves to the work of the Lord, because you are certain that your work is not without effect in the Lord. I Corinthians 15:5-58


Jesus replied,  "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. John 14:23, 27-29



These are some pictures of the last three days we spent with our little princess, before the day she passed. On Saturday, we walked in tan, on Sunday we played in the living room floor and I did a pretty braid in her hair. On Monday it was very cold, she was sleeping peaceful. I spent a long time in the afternoon with her in my lap, she was hugged to me while I warmed her next to my body. At night she slept in the lap of dad and Grandma Cida. I put her to sleep tummy down, and left the heater on because she was cold, with 35.2 ° C. Until 1:30 am I watched her in the crib, she slept quiet, had even dropped the pacifier.

Quarter to six in the morning the Lord woke her up saying her time with us had finished, that she should go... but He let she tell us she was leaving and say goodbye to us. She had high fever, 40 C, and we took her to the hospital where she arrived already going into shock. But there was not a focus of infection, her lungs were clear, the urine unchanged, the abdomen was normal, around all her little body it was not found the focus of infection. But she was having a devastating septic shock, an overwhelming infection, perhaps in the blood, perhaps due to many recurrent infections and prolonged use of antibiotics.

For an intraosseous access she received much serum. She was intubated, a central catheter was passed and doctors started drugs to raise her pressure and strengthen her heart, and antibiotics. But there were no answers, instead of rising her pressure dropped and the kidneys stopped working. Unlike other times, when she struggled, fought, resisted and reacted, this time she remained quiet and with no answers. She seemed to be saying that now she would rest from all her fight and her mission. Once the doctor told us at the end of the day, the immense gravity of her condition, we prayed that everything could be reversed and she could be healed and be fine again. However she remained the same. Then we cried to the Lord that she did not suffer more, if it was time to take her, that she could go in peace and without pain. I begged God that if she was to suffer, that was me, not her. So in a few minutes her heart rate began to decline.

Like a sunset, her heart was sinking softly as she was hugged and kissed. As the last notes of a symphony, the most beautiful song I've ever had the privilege of hearing all my life, this silent music that she delivered during every second of her life with us. Even intubated she gave her last two breaths and flew to Jesus, in peace... And let us lulling for this sweet song that was have loved her deeply, with all our hearts, with all our physical, spiritual, emotional and intellectual strengths, in joy and in sorrow, in good and bad days, for all her life, from conception to birth, from birth to death. This strong love, that I learned and realized I could feel just accepting and receiving her in my life, will forever be with me and guide me in all my days. A love that took me closer to God´s heart.

What am I going to do now? What will I make of my days, from waking up to lie down, if in the last three years I devoted every day of my life for this princess who I had the privilege of being mother?
I don´t know, I just know that I want to be a respondent to the daughter I had. There is so much to do. She rested from her mission, but we are still fulfilling our, which will always be closely linked to her, to her memory, to the priceless gift of life, to the inviolable right that is to live as long as one has to live with love and dignity.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. You and your husband both loved your daughter so fully. She will be missed but I am also happy that she is no longer suffering. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Joana,
    Thank you. Such precious moments that you so lovingly shared with us, strangers...I have loved precious Vitoria and prayed for her and you all...I am blesses to have seen her sweet face. Love to you both!!
    Blessings
    Tami Rhoades in America

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a touching story. What a sweetness you've added to my day. Your family is beautiful and I have no doubt that you will be with this exceptional child again. Families are together forever and I know we will be together in the eternities. Thank you for sharing your faith and strength. It makes me hold my own children a little tighter tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful story! Thank you for sharing and teaching us all about unconditional LOVE!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful story for a beautiful little girl. I cried reading this entry. Please know that although I have never met your family and probably never will, this beautiful little girl touched my heart.

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless all of you... She is a Beautiful child and someday in God's good time frame you all will be reunited with your Beautiful Daughter again... You are truly Blessed People, and I LOVE YOUR STORY. Stay strong with your faith, you are an example to other people on how God Blesses us with Gloryous Love. Thank You, and God Bless your family daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all were and are so blessed to have had one of Gods precious angels in your lives for so long. Thank you so much for sharing your story.I will keep you in my prayers. I can't wait to meet your sweet daughter when I make it to heaven. Sonya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Sonya how glorious will be that day when we'll be among the soooo... many such angels over THERE! I too look forward to that day.

      Delete
  8. Your baby is beautiful . She experienced in 3 years the kind of love that many who lived very long lives long for. You two are beautiful parents. Thank you for sharing. You have touched my very soul. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your beautiful baby with us. She has experienced the kind of love that many people that have lived into their eighties and nineties long for. You are beautiful parents.You have touched my very soul. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear sweet Victoria's parent, I really feel glad to mention you both in her name. The moments you both had with you daughter, as a story tells this world - love, Affection, caringness, Devotion, responsiblity, blessings ...... ! It should be read by each and every parents in this world especially those who begot normal child ..... how to be treated and cared like your beloved baby.
    With love always, Jayashree.

    ReplyDelete

Please let your comment here, or if you prefer, contact me through e-mail: joanaschmitz@yahoo.com.br
We thank all comments of encouragement and love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...